08 March, 2010

Last Comic Standing

If you haven't already heard, Last Comic Standing has returned for a season 7.  After screwing over thousands of comics on the "final" season 2 years ago where they had "Open Call" auditions and didn't see a single one they claim this year is different.  Unfortunately, they did the same thing this year.  So, if you're planning on going to the "Open Call" in NYC in about 2 weeks don't bother.  Please don't waste your time and money because they are only really seeing the people with appointments.

With that being said, I actually GOT an appointment this season and went at 10 am this morning.  I followed some amazing comics who I've worked with or had the pleasure to see live and watched as each of them walked out shaking their heads "no."  I was soon one of those people.  I got 3 "no's" and stood there and watched as the judges debated whether or not it was OK to do a character or persona on stage.  (For those of you who've never seen my act, I'm a little different on stage. It's a delivery I stumbled on one night and it's well liked pretty much anywhere I perform.   :P  Just check out my YouTube or Website for videos.)  What's funny though is every single one of those judges has a character or specific persona on stage in their acts but they don't have a clue that they do.  Amazing, cuz they're supposed to be the experts.  Just in case you were wondering, the judges were Andy Kindler, Natasha Leggero and Greg Giraldo.

All in all, auditioning is always a good thing and I'm very fortunate to have had the opportunity seeing as how they were supposedly "selective" of the appointments this year according to one of the PAs.  So, yay for me I guess.  Unless they actually air my audition and edit me to look ridiculous - then boo for me.  Except if they air me then I get paid so maybe it is a Yay for me.  Hmmm.....

No comments: